Work Injury: Types and How Chiropractic Treatment Can Help You
Our chiropractor at Arizona Chiropractic & Holistic Health Center in Scottsdale, AZ, notes that a work injury is an accident injury caused by any work-related activity or event that requires a need for medical treatment or/and time away from work. There are different types of work-related injuries, and here is a list of the most common:
- Slips and falls: According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), slips and falls are a leading cause of work-related injuries. They can be serious and even deadly, regardless of whether a person falls on a slippery wet floor or from a great height. In most cases, injuries from slips and falls include head and brain injuries, neck injuries, and broken bones.
- Overextension: It is a type of injury that is usually caused by pushing, lifting, carrying, or pulling heavy objects. Overextension often results in sprains and strains, especially in the back.
- Struck-by injuries: This type of injury happens when an employee is hit by a heavy moving object. It can be a piece of machinery or equipment. Struck-by injuries usually occur on construction sites and are listed as one of the big four hazards.
- Crush injuries: They are similar to struck-by injuries and usually occur either in warehouses or construction sites. They can be deliberating and lead to amputation of the affected limb or even death.
- Repetitive motion injuries: They are caused by repetitive actions or overuse of muscles and nerves. The most common example of this injury is carpal tunnel syndrome, a painful condition affecting the wrists and hands. It is especially common among people of such professions as painters and typists.
How a Chiropractor in Scottsdale, AZ, Can Help?
Chiropractic care is a non-invasive and natural treatment that is often used for treating different types of work injuries. Our Scottsdale, AZ, chiropractor will use manual spinal manipulations to relieve pain and reduce the inflammation, and may also utilize nutrition counseling, exercise therapy, and heat and ice therapy to help a patient to recover from an accident injury faster and get back to a healthy life as soon as possible. The main focus of chiropractic care is on the cause of the pain rather than on the symptoms.
Arizona Chiropractic & Holistic Health Center in Scottsdale AZ: A Place Where Your Wellness Journey Starts
If you are suffering from any type of work-related injury and are looking for a reliable chiropractor to help you, Arizona Chiropractic & Holistic Health Center is your perfect choice. We successfully treat many types of accident injuries by helping people to recover naturally and get back to their normal lives. If you are a resident of Scottsdale or any other surrounding town, do not hesitate to contact us today at 480-585-5577 and schedule your appointment with our chiropractor, Dr. Douglas Morris.