Today’s fast-paced lifestyles have taken their toll on America’s backs. Back pain is currently the top cause of disability in those aged 19 to 45, as well as the second greatest cause of missed work days. Back discomfort is estimated to cost more than $60 billion a year in the United States alone.
What Causes Mid Back Pain?
These figures are influenced by a number of factors, including:
- Workplace demands are increasing in general.
- a drop in overall physical activity
- extended sitting causes a rise in (at the desk, in the car, in front of the television)
- a lack of routine spinal examinations and preventative care
- failure to seek urgent medical attention after an injury
- failing to receive appropriate back injury treatment (Medication alone isn’t enough if tissues aren’t properly rehabilitated.)
- lifting techniques and poor postural habits
Our treatments are primarily focused on the source of your difficulties, which not only delivers fast and effective pain relief but also lowers the risk of future back problems.
To learn more about mid back anatomy, causes of mid back pain, therapies for mid back pain, and related topics, select from the menu selections.
1. “Welcome to First Chiropractic Center.” Yankton Chiropractor Chiropractic Yankton South Dakota Chiropractors SD 57078. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 June 2017.